Thursday, June 17, 2010

Special Gathering class

I have a special class coming soon , On Tuesday and Wednesday before the gathering I will be teaching at :

STUDIO 34 CREATIVE ARTS CENTER and GALLERY

34 Elton street
Rochester, NY 14607 USA
www.studio34beads.com
585.737.5858

Marylin is breaking down my usual class and allowing people to take one day or two. I am a big fan of taking both days to get the most out of the class, but you have the option to take either day. I have broken down the lessons to give you an idea of what I will be teaching.

Beyond the Basic Bead

Day one:

Masking and good dots techniques

Long beads with masking and a solution for perfect ends

Simulating wood grain with cane and learning to work with metal punties.

Day Two:

Two different styles of disk bead

Using metal punties to create off mandrel pendants, this opens up a world of new possibilities for all levels of bead maker.

All lessons focus on heat control and good techniques, I try and talk about how and why I do the things I do. We also talk about designing with intention, no matter what style of bead you like to make. As always I try and run a fun energetic class. No matter what your current style is, I guarantee you will be able to apply the skills to your own work.


So come on and join us, I promise great music, lots of learning and some fun. Contact Marilyn for more info and to register.

No comments: